Scooby turned 1 last week and I swear he went from infant to toddler almost instantly. His favorite thing to do now is to climb up on me while I am sitting in the floor. He thinks he is trying to help me do whatever it is I am doing, but IT IS NOT HELPING!!! You would understand if you could see how many times I have hit the backspace button just typing three sentences. I try really hard not to lose my temper, however, that is easier said than done. Don't get me wrong, I love that he wants to be near me and I feel so loved (sometimes overly loved), I just wish it wasn't while I was folding laundry or doing bills. :) Even as I type, he is letting his very loud and strong voice be heard. If I translate correctly, he is protesting the fact that daddy took him down the stairs to give mommy a few minutes of venting!!
"I was helping her, can't you understand that? I was making sure she was doing a good job and not writing anything embarrassing. " :)
Anyways, he is still not walking yet, though I am sure it will be soon. He has seven teeth and more on the way and LOVES to eat! He is also the biggest flirt I have ever seen. He reaches out to touch all the ladies and acts like he wants them to hold him, but as soon as they reach for him, he turns around and refuses to commit. For his future wife's sake we will have to work on the committment issues. For now, it just means a tired mama!
I love my sweet Scooby Doo. He has taught me how to let walls down and share my heart. I know someday I'll have to let him grow up but for now I am content being the love of his life, even if it means I wear out the backspace key. :)
Love the title of your blog! So beautiful!
ReplyDelete